Information about registration
When registering for the first time to a Cégep à distance course without a commandite (as a regular student), you should first fill out an admission application for a program of study. When your admission is confirmed, you will receive the required directions on how to register. If you have a commandite you do not need to submit an admission application form to register.
- Before you complete your application and registration form, you MUST read the information on this page and in the following sections:
- You can enroll at any time.
- Payment methods: You must make your payment on-line. Cégep à distance accepts payments with a Visa or Mastercard credit card. If you use a pre-payed credit card, ensure that it allows you to make on-line purchases.
- You can register to a maximum of 4 classes at any given time.
- Registering to 4 classes per semester (or a total of 180 hours or more of class per semester) is a full-time registration. Registering to less than 4 classes or 180 hours is a part-time inscription.
- Transmission of tax receipts (Relevé 8 and T2202A): The ministère du Revenu du Québec requires a social insurance number for each person who wishes to receive a Relevé 8 and T2202A tax slip. To this effect, Cégep à distance will only produce these documents for those students that provide their social insurance number on their registration form.
- Once your registration is complete, it will not be possible to make a change to the chosen course and the course material will be mailed to you, and cannot be reimbursed.
- If you are registered part-time, unless your Academic Advisor informs you otherwise, you may register for a new course at any time.
- If you are registered for four courses, unless your Academic Adviser informs you otherwise, you may register for a new course as soon as you finish all the assignments for one of your courses.