Confidentiality of User Information Collected Online
We recognize that protecting privacy is everyone’s business, and for this reason, we are committed to maintaining the confidentiality of our users’ information. This page explains how we collect and use information related to your personal data when you use our website.
On the website, various forms suited to your needs allow us to collect information that could include the following:
- Last name
- First name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Permanent code
Information is collected when:
- You fill in a form or interact with our website, for example, over chat
- You browse our website, using cookies and/or log files, as explained in the next section
Forms and interactivity
The forms on our website allow us to meet needs such as:
- Requests for information
- Registration for an activity or subscription to a newsletter
- Participation in an opinion poll or a satisfaction questionnaire
Collecting information also allows us to:
- Customize your experience when we communicate with you to send information or promotional offers
- Analyze the data in order to improve our practices and your user experience
Log files and cookies
Navigating the Internet always leaves traces. Some anonymous information is compiled using log files and cookies. This information is primarily the following:
- IP address
- Information about the browser used (type and version, operating system, etc.)
- Pages visited and requests
- Date and time of visit
- Referral URL (the site the visitor came from)
Using this kind of file allows us to:
- Analyze and improve our practices in order to customize the user experience
- Send you offers that reflect your needs
About cookies, web beacons and tracking URLs
On our website, cookies, web beacons and tracking URLs are used in several locations.
Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) consist of graphic symbols that the user cannot see.
Tracking URLs or similar tools consist of a few lines of instruction code and may be incorporated into our website.
These tools are mainly used to statistically analyze your interactions on the website.
Cégep à distance uses the services of third-party sites, such as Google, Meta and CyberImpact, to promote its services and programs.
Our website uses retargeting tools so you can view our ads that meet your needs on partner websites.
You can choose to subscribe to one of our mailing lists. In this case, we will be able to send you newsletters by email. You can unsubscribe from these mailing lists at any time. You can also contact us to ask us to delete your information.
The personal information that we collect is kept in a secure environment. Cégep à distance does not sell personal information to third parties. Only staff members and consultants who need access to the information to perform their duties have access to it, and they are obliged to protect the confidentiality of your information.
We have put security measures in place to protect your personal information. Here is a partial list of these measures:
- SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) protocol
- Access management—authorized people only
- The principle of least privilege applies to access to the administrative functions of the web servers
- Computer backup
Cégep à distance is an integral part of Collège de Rosemont, which has also adopted an Information Asset Security Policy (in French).
There is still a degree of risk when personal information is transmitted online.