Cégep à distance is proud to be an affiliated member of Alliance Sport-Études (alliancesportetudes.ca) and a partner of the Québec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL). By registering with Alliance Sport-Études, high-level student-athletes can balance the demands of training, competition, and studies, while also benefiting from specially adapted educational support and supervision.
The Alliance, in partnership with Cégep à distance, coordinates distance education needs and prior-learning recognition in physical education at the college level. Cégep à distance also offers special support to all QMJHL student-athletes who are registered for distance courses, even commandite students.
Enrolling in the Alliance Sport-Études
To enjoy all the benefits of the Sport-Études program by studying at Cégep à distance, you must first have your eligibility confirmed by the Alliance Sport-Études.
Succeed in sport and academically at the same time, it’s possible!
Alliance Sport-Études is recognized and funded by the Ministère de l’Éducation et de l’Enseignement supérieur (MEES). Its mission is to offer adapted educational services to high-performance athletes pursuing post-secondary studies.
Registered student-athletes in the Alliance Sport-Études program have official student-athlete status in their school, allowing them to receive educational support services adapted to their needs, such as:
- Exclusive contact with their educational institution’s Sport-Études representative in order to benefit from adapted educational services
- Course schedule can be organized around the athlete’s training and competition needs, based on their academic path
- Eligible for Fondation Sport-Études scholarships
To be admitted to Alliance Sport-Études you must:
- Be admitted to an Alliance Sport-Études member college.
- A) Play in the QMJHL, QJHL* (LHJQ) or LHMAAAQ
B) Be identified as an Excellence, Élite, Relève or Espoir athlete by a federation recognized by the Direction du sport et de l’activité physique of the ministère de l’Éducation, du Loisir et du Sport.
* Eligible QJHL players are those who are studying in a member college, who played in the Midget AAA league and who currently appear on the protection list of a QMJHL team. You can apply to Alliance Sport-Études by completing the online registration form before November 1st (for the winter session) and before March 1st (for the fall session).
For more information
Telephone: 514-271-7403, ext. 228