Computer resources required
When you apply for a course, it is your responsibility to make sure you have:
- The basic computer resources required
- Any course-specific computer resources required
Basic computer resource requirements
- A Windows Vista (or later) or Mac OS X 10.7 (or later) operating system. Note: Some courses will not work with Macintosh operating systems. Please check the course description before you enrol.
- Access to a printer.
- A recent version of Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.
- Microsoft Office 2007 or later (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.). Please check the course description to determine which software programs are required. Cégep à distance offers technical support only for Microsoft Office suite.
- An Internet connection.*
* Internet connection of at least 2 Mb/s. In case of uncertainty about the speed of your Internet connection, ask your Internet service provider.
Course-specific computer resource requirements
Our courses often require Microsoft Office programs and peripherals. You will find a list of required computer resources in each course description.