The amount that you need to pay upon registering is sub-divided as follows (except for non-residents of Quebec (see below) and for foreign students.
- The fees must be payed in full upon registration. They cannot be paid in installments.
- The prices indicated are subject to change. In case of a discrepancy between the prices on our website and the price that is calculated at the time of registration, the price calculated at the time of registration shall apply.
(See Student status and tuition-free studies below)
|Part-time||$2 per hour of instruction||Yes (for cancellations within first eight weeks)|
|No (after 8 weeks)|
|Independent student||$6 per hour of instruction3||No|
|Non-credit course||$6 per hour of instruction||No|
|Course material fees4||1st registration||Varies according to the materials required for each course (includes $20 for shipping and handling)||No|
|Subsequent registration for same course (if you have taken the same version of the course at Cégep à distance previously)||$30||No|
|Registration fees ($20), special fees ($25) and other fees ($10)||$55/semester||No|
|Application fee5||1st admission||30 $||No|
|Commandites (visiting students)||None||No|
|Contribution to the Association générale des étudiants du Collège de Rosemont (AGECR)||Regular student (without a commandite)||$12.50/semester||Yes (for cancellations within first eight weeks)|
|Visiting student (commandite)||$12.50/semester (if you want to become a member)||Yes (for cancellations within first eight weeks)|
|Academic equivalency for studies outside of Canada||$50||No|
|Advanced standing – Academic Records Analysis**||$30||No|
|Special fees – Canadian student or permanent resident, non-resident of Quebec||See below||Yes (for cancellations within first eight weeks)
No (after 8 weeks)
** This service is offered only to students enrolled in the French sector at Cégep à distance.
Fees must be paid in full at the time of registration. They cannot be paid in installments. If there is a difference between the prices posted on the website and those in the Course Selection Guide, the prices on the website shall be considered accurate.
1. The amount charged for each course appears in the course description. If you are eligible for free tuition, you do not have to pay tuition fees.
2. In ACS/AEC programs, tuition-free studies are only available to those students benefiting from this status, provided they remain registered in the same program until its completion. You will find additional information on tuition-free studies on the next page.
3. EXCLUDING students registered in the Springboard to a DCS Program (081.06) or for university prerequisites, who must pay fees of $2 per course hour.
4. Materials fees are charged for every course taken. These fees are shown in the course description. If you re-enroll for the same course, the minimum charge is $30.
5. $30 for the first application (no matter how many courses you apply for) if you have no commandite. If you are already enrolled with a commandite and you are re-enrolling without a commandite, you will have to pay these fees and provide the documents required for a first application.
Course materials fees
The course material fees are based on the amount and type of course materials, and whether you are reapplying for a course that you have already taken at Cégep à distance.
Note that you always have to pay the course material fees (which includes the registration fee, special fees and other fees) and the admission fee, if applicable.
Note: Cégep à distance will not accept or refund returned learning materials. Furthermore, these materials cannot be transferred from one student to another.
Re-enrollment in the same course
If you are re-enrolling in the same course, you can use the same course materials if the course version has not changed. We will then give you a new series of assignments. Make sure you still have all the course materials and mention it in your application.
Non-resident of Quebec
If you were born outside of Quebec
All Canadian citizens or permanent residents who do not qualify as Quebec residents are charged the special fees for non-residents of $1,430 for full-time enrolment and $6.98 per course hour for part-time registration.
To qualify as a resident of Quebec, you must provide documents attesting to your residency in Quebec.
Student Status and Tuition-Free Studies
Free tuition means that the Ministère de l’Éducation et de l’Enseignement supérieur (Ministère) subsidizes your tuition fees for the course.
Tuition-free status applies only to tuition fees. Therefore, you must pay certain fees even if you are eligible for tuition-free studies (see Fees above).
Free tuition applies in the following three situations :
1. Full-time registration in a DCS /DEC program
Your application must include at least four courses, or the equivalent of 180 course hours.
2. Major functional disability
If you suffer from a major functional disability under the terms of the Financial Assistance Regulation, your part-time application must include fewer than four courses and fewer than 180 hours . You must provide a medical report. You will find the form on the Official forms and documents page.
3. Registration with a commandite that grants free tuition
When you enroll with a commandite that gives you free tuition in a public, private, or subsidized CEGEP or in a government institution for the fall and winter semesters.
For registration in the summer semester, you have to pay the full amount at the time of registration with Cégep à distance. The tuition fees will be refunded to you after your college confirms your tuitionfree
status with the MEES.
ATTENTION: To be eligible for tuition-free studies in an ACS/AEC program, you must have already had tuition-free status in the same program. Your application must include at least four courses, or the equivalent of 180 course hours.